Jack3d and 1 More Rep are no doubt two of the most popular pre-workout supplements right now. While it’s true that pre-workout supplements come and go, and supplement companies use a variety of marketing campaigns to promote their newest and “most potent muscle building formulas,” these two pre-workout supplements have proven to be among the best.
Thousands of users agree that both Jack3d and 1.M.R. supply long-lasting, clean energy and great pumps. So, the real question here is–which one is better? Well, it is, undoubtedly, a matter of preference. Some people will have better results with Jack3d and some with 1M.R. However, if you’re looking for an ingredient comparison between these two supplements and their user review ratings, read on.
Jack3d, of the two, has been around longer, has been used by more people, and has remained at the top of the pre-workout supplement rankings for a long time. So, we know Jack3ed is the real deal. It has a very clean formula, meaning there are no artificial flavors or fillers. It doesn’t have a ton of ingredients, but the ingredients in it have proven to be effective, and they are in effectively proportioned. Jack3d’s formula is simple and includes:
1. Arginine – For increased blood flow, nutrient delivery, and pumps (as any pre-workout does)
2. Beta Alanine – Increases repetition output
3. Caffeine- The main energy component in most pre-workouts and energy supplements
4. Creatine monohydrate – The most tried and true form of creatine
5. 1,3-Dimethylamylamine – An herbal extract that acts as a stimulant
6. Schizandrol A – A component of dried fruit that enhances mood and concentration and can enhance the effectiveness of other stimulants like 1,3-Dimethylamylamine and Caffeine
The ingredients in this simple formula have shown to be very effective. One thing that Jack3d users like is the small serving size. One scoop (or serving) of Jack3d is only 5.5 grams. This means no extra carbs or sugar like many other pre-workouts.
One of the best things about Jack3d is its extremely reasonable price tag. At only around 67 cents per serving, it’s one of the best priced supplements–period. Over 4,000 reviews on Bodybuilding.com rate Jack3d at an 8.8 on a scale of 1-10. This is makes it one of the highest rated and most used supplements on the entire site. It’s hard to argue with those stats.
The highly popular 1.M.R. By B.P.I. Sports has a some of the same “staple” ingredients as Jack3d, but it also has some unique and very effective ingredients of its own. Let’s take a look:
3. Schizandrol A
4. Creatine Monohydrate
6. B-Vitamins – Increased energy through metabolism
7. N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine – Amino acid that may improve mood and concentration and decrease stress hormones
8. Citrus Sinensis -Scientific name for the orange plant; it may improve mood
9. Kigelia Africana – Bark of a plant that may stimulate hormone production
10. Paullinia Cupana – Scientific name for Guarana which is a natural stimulant
11. Yerba Mate – A tropical plant with stimulant properties
12. Adhatoda Vasica – An herb that may have medicinal properties
13. Visnea Mocanera -The leaf of a plant with stimulant properties
14. Vitis Vinifera seeds – Scientific name for grape seeds; may have medicinal properties
As you can see, 1M.R. has far more ingredients than Jack3d. The only ingredient that 1M.R. lacks that is present in Jack3d is the 1,3 Dimethylamylamine. So, essentially you’re trading the 1,3 Dimethylamylamine for 9 other ingredients in 1M.R. – many of which are herbal stimulants.
Having more ingredients doesn’t necessarily make it more effective than Jack3d. The increased number of ingredients in 1M.R. means that the amount of each ingredient is going to be smaller. Some people, however, react better to certain stimulants than others, which may be why this supplement is so popular. The wide range of ingredients offers results for most users. I also really like the fact that they include B vitamins in the formula because they provide clean, long-lasting energy and can help burn fat.
The serving size of 1.M.R. is 8 grams – 5.5 of which make up their proprietary blend. The price per serving of 1.M.R is about 1 dollar; making it about 50% more expensive than Jack3d. 1.M.R. received a very respectable 8.1 rating based on over 1,100 user reviews.
I personally prefer Jack3d, however, I know people who love 1.M.R. One thing I always recommend when using pre-workout supplements is to change it up periodically. Over time, your body can get used to one formula, making it less effective. I definitely recommend trying both of these powerful pre-workout supplements at some point.
Since most retailers no longer carry the original Jack3d formula due to the pending ban of 1,3-Dimethylamylamine the link to the new Jack3d Micro formula below contains no 1,3-Dimethylamylamine, creatine or beta alanine. Jack3d mirco will become avaiable August 13th 2012.